About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





21 May, 2008

PERSPECTIVE

We have just experienced three days of national mourning for those victims of the catastrophic earthquake in Sichuan, China. There is much sadness and suffering and the cruel loss of so many young children has pulled a blanket of sorrow over the earth. I continue to pray for the souls and the families of the innocent victims, the injured, the homeless and the grieving. It is almost too much to think what they must be going through. And to think so many deaths could have been avoided had the buildings been built properly in the first place. There are so many questions that need to be answered. So many wrongs need to be accounted for. They must not have died in vain. I hope that in their memory, a complete re-evaluation of the safety of all buildings everywhere is done to safeguard us all from this ever happening again.

Everything seems to pale in comparison to the earthquake in China and the cyclone in Myanmar, but I am in Hong Kong and the show has well and truly opened. The response has been nothing short of spectacular and a successful season here is almost guaranteed. I guess there is always a place for an escape from the stresses of life and tragedy. If we can make people laugh and forget their woes for even a short while, it doesn’t seem so pointless.

Everything is put into perspective.

I had a visit from my good friend Warwick from England. He and his brother and carer came to Hong Kong to see the opening of WWRY. This was Warwick (Wazza!)’s first time out of the UK and even on a plane. The joy he gave to everyone who met him was inspirational. It was such a surprise and I was so honoured that he would go to such a length to see me here in Hong Kong, I am not worthy.

Everything is put into perspective.

I shall never want for anything but to be happy and healthy and to be surrounded by the laughter and love of my dear ones. That is all that should ever matter.

Having said that, Hong Kong is going off! This city is too amazing and wonderful to describe. Every sector of the city is as awesome as the next one in its own way. The people have won my heart and I have fallen in love with this place.

Sending you all my love to you and yours,

Always,

MiG
x


Visit the official site www.mig-music.com for all up to the minute news on MiG Ayesa!

No comments: