About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





23 September, 2008

ROLL OVER HANDEL

On Sunday, 21 September we premiered the new work JOYFUL NOISE: HANDEL’S MESSIAH ROCKS at Boston’s Cutler Majestic Theatre for a rapturous full house and the cameras of PBS. I believe they are going to air it at Christmas time. It is a wonderful piece of work, and I believe it has a big future. This is only the beginning of the work, and there is so much that can be done with it. I hope it’s full potential will be realised. I am in awe of the talent that I found myself surrounded by. LeChanze has a voice and presence that will continue to ring in my heart and my soul. She is an inspiration to me on and off the stage. I have become her HUGEST fan. J. Robert Spencer is probably one of the funniest guys I have ever met, yet when he goes on stage, his voice sends me whizzing. I am so honoured to be among them, performing this wonderful new work. Let’s not forget the incredible band and this little group called the Boston Pops Orchestra, I am sure Handel would have been proud.

I find myself back in New York, and in Fall (Autumn). This is the best time of the year to be in this city and as the temperature starts to drop, and the colours of the trees start to change, I see a world of possibilities open up. A new beginning, a new start; time to be creative, time to spend with loved ones; a time to look towards the future and to see the beauty in the world and appreciate what is really important in this life.

I have all I need and am truly blessed.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who sent me well wishes for my Tito Ramon's recovery after his massive operation. He is recovering quickly and remarkably and I am sure he will be 110% in no time at all. Thank you for your emails, cards, prayers and thoughts. You have forever been so thoughtful and kind to me. Thank you, thank you.

I am looking forward to seeing the MiG AMP Feature on Channel V Asia that will air on 28 September. I will be able to guide you on how you can see it, no matter where in the world you are. Just stay tuned to mig-music.com.

Love to you and yours,

Always,

MiG
xx

No comments: