About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





07 July, 2008

DON'T STOP ME NOW

I am back at an airport writing this. This time I am at Heathrow, Terminal 4 about to board my Qantas flight to Bangkok. I had the most magical week in London. I know I keep saying how great every place I visit is, but London has really been showing off this time. I have forgotten how beautiful this city is. It is probably one of my favourite cities in the world, if not my absolute No.1 city. The architecture alone is breathtaking. Every street is a Kodak moment. The weather is a little dodgey but I did have a couple of sunny days which is pretty exciting in England. London was my home for several years and I will always have a soft spot for this crazy town. If only it wasn’t so expensive! Wow! Nice when you’re earning Pounds, but…wow!

The gig yesterday at Warwick Castle was amazing. A capacity crowd of 7,000 people braved the rain and the traffic on the M40 to see us 4 singers, the English National Orchestra and the Queen Symphonic Rock band belt out 2 sets of awesome QUEEN songs. Our encore of DON’T STOP ME NOW was accompanied by a rainbow of fireworks over the historically picturesque town of Warwick. So great to see so many friends and fans out there. Even when it rained during the concert, nobody ran for cover. They simply just opened their umbrellas or put their anorak hoods over their heads. Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the heavy rain… Such a blessing to work with Mazz Murray, Rachael Wooding and Ricardo Afonso. Ricardo’s voice should be illegal. Oh. My. God!!! Thanks to Richard Sidwell and Pete Harrison for the gig. Such a pleasure!

They just called my flight, so gotta fly (that kills me every time!). Bangkok, here I come!

Always,

MiG
X



Visit MiG Ayesa on his official site www.mig-music.com!!

No comments: