About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





29 June, 2008

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTENING, VERY VERY FRIGHTENING!!

Am writing this from the departure lounge at JFK airport, on my way to London. I have just changed my socks as they were soaking wet! The Philippine-American Friendship Day Celebrations in Jersey City was spectacular! Spectacular in that the weather was outrageous! It started as such a hot and sunny day. Even though they forecasted rain, I thought that the weather guys got it wrong. It was a beautiful day. However, within what seemed seconds, the weather turned. As soon as I got out of my car in Jersey, a lightning bolt struck and the immediate thunder was deafening. Suddenly the heavens opened up and the rain came, thick and heavy. The wind blew down stalls and I struggled with the sound crew to keep the roof from flying away over the PA equipment. A man broke his arm in the ensuing storm, as a table flew on top of him. And as quickly as the storm started, it ended. The sun came out, and the crowd cheered. It took a while to dry the stage and reset the equipment, and just when it was time to re-start the festival, the wind came again and it looked like it was going to storm all over again. The officials decided to call it quits. I thought that it was such a shame to let people go home without a show, so I jumped on a table and rallied the group to sing WE WILL ROCK YOU with me! The feeling in the camp was great because it was as though we weren’t going to let anyone stop us having a good time. The organizers may think that today was a wash-out, but for me it was a great wet day out with friends and family, good food and good humour. My new moto (thanks Cuzzie!) is ‘DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH!’ and that was what we did today. It was a really great day.

I have to say a big thank you to all of those who have welcomed me home. It has been a very long road, and I am only half way home. It has been wonderful re-uniting myself with my precious little dog, but am so looking forward to finally being with my wife after 2 months apart. Your constant love and support has kept me going through all these times and have made me feel that all this is worth it.

May I also take this opportunity to thank everyone for the amazing gifts you gave to me while abroad as well as those waiting for me when I returned home. I was finally able to visit the Decca offices here in NY and they gave me those parcels that had been waiting for me while I was gone. So many amazing gifts! From those given to me at the various stage doors, to the beautiful gift that was crocheted for me here at home. THANK YOU!

Thank you to all of you for being so thoughtful. You spoil me!

Guess what? The flight is delayed.

DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH!!

Always love,

MiG
X



Visit www.mig-music.com for all up to the minute news on MiG Ayesa!

No comments: