About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





18 June, 2008

WHEN YOU WISH...

I have had such an amazing experience this weekend that will stay with me forever. Through the MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION, and with great support from the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong and all at WE WILL ROCK YOU, we were able to show some very special children what it would be like to perform on a professional stage, and to rock out in front of a live audience. These kids came on stage and we put them through their paces, teaching them ‘We Will Rock You’ and ‘We Are The Champions’. These guys were awesome, learning the songs and movements so quickly.

Then it was show time! Their parents were seated in the auditorium, and with full lights, full band, full sound, the curtain came up and we gave them a show of a lifetime! The kids rocked out with the cast of WWRY and proved that they were the true champions of the world. The smiles on their faces were all we needed. Music truly is the universal language and what kid doesn’t want to rock out?! It was such a beautiful day for everybody and I am so in awe of the MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION and the amazing work they do.

Again, another lesson in putting things into perspective.

So it was with renewed oomph that we took the stage at JJ’s on Monday night to earn money for the MAW Foundation. It was a cracker of a night. The place was packed and jumping to such an awesome crowd. Thank you to all those who came to support us and this wonderful cause.

My thanks have to go out to all at the MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION, Club JJ’s, The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, Lunchbox Productions, Universal Music and Tom Lee Music. I also have a huge debt of gratitude to the WWRY band (Ryno, Nick, Llewellyn, Etienne, Edwin and Matt) and my gorgeous Killer Queens on Bvs (Annie, Lucy and Megan). You have blessed me beyond comprehension.

Less than a week left in Hong Kong. I am going to miss this wonderful city. I wish it would stop raining! Enough already!! I hope all is well in your world.

Always love,

MiG
X


Please visit www.mig-music.com" for all up to the minute news on MiG Ayesa!

No comments: