About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





07 June, 2008

MUSIC MATTERS

The showcase gig at CLIQ last Wednesday for MUSIC MATTERS was a total blast! The WWRY band were tight and explosive. These young guys are the real deal. Enthusiastic and hyper-talented. They are a joy to play with and I am so privileged to be on stage with them. Everyone has been asking about the guys, so it was well worth dragging our asses off to the gig after an exhaustive show at the Lyric. I met a fantastic group of people from all over the world. It is a truly great event here in Hong Kong. My ears are still ringing from our hard core cover of I WANT TO BREAK FREE!

Went to Disneyland with some of the cast last Monday and had a ball. My cynicism I thought I might feel dissolved away as soon as we got on the Disney train to the park. They just do it so well! The shows in the park were awesome. Thank you for taking care of us.

Hong Kong is exhausting! The pace of this city is so like New York. Never ending and relentless. I barely have the time to do any sight-seeing during the week and it frustrates me because there is so much to see! I just may have to burn the candle at both ends for the next couple of weeks and get as much of Hong Kong as I can.

I am excited about the 16 June gig at JJ’s for the MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION. It’s such a great cause and the people at the Hyatt and at JJ’s have been incredible.

My CD is finally on sale at the venue’s merchandise stall, so if you are coming to see WE WILL ROCK YOU, make sure you come and visit me at the stage door after the show so I can sign it for you, ok?

It’s 2am, so I really must get to sleep, but I have not written in a while. That’s a good indication of how crazy it’s been here in Honkers. Non-stop!

Thanks for visiting me here…

Always,

MiG
xx


Please visit www.mig-music.com for all up to the minute news on MiG Ayesa!

No comments: