About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I attribute my success to three elements: hard work, passion and a little bit of luck. When I first heard about Rockstar INXS, a new reality show on CBS, I decided to audition. After years of trying to make it as solo artist, I thought this opportunity might provide my big break. Well, I didn’t win the competition to be the singer for INXS…I did one better and got my very own deal with Universal Classics. Born in the Philippines and raised in Sydney, Australia, I began playing the piano at age seven, but was quickly discouraged by my teacher, who informed me that without practice, I would never become a virtuoso. However, a chance meeting with a jazz musician opened up a world of possibilities! I was finally able to play the music I wanted, in the style I chose. I even wrote my own songs and played piano without having to perfect my Mozart! Who cares if I was never going to be a concert pianist? Stick that up your metronome, I was going to be a ROCKSTAR! .............................................................................. for more about me please visit my official site mig-music.com


MORE THAN EVER E-card





28 June, 2008

BACK IN THE MiG APPLE

I have fallen in love with New York in the summer! It has been such a joy to walk my dog Powder in Central Park and watch her run around like there’s not a care in the world. I sometimes envy that. But I wouldn’t change my life for anything, as I am soon to be re-united with my wife Simmy, as I am flying to London on Sunday straight after the Philippine-American Friendship Day celebrations in New Jersey. I have not seen her since the beginning of May. This is a crazy life!

I will be in London for but a week. I will be performing at Warwick Castle on 6 July with a 60 piece orchestra, 8 piece rock band and 3 other singers for the The Music Of QUEEN – A Rock And Symphonic Spectacular! I did a similar gig last August with the Bournemouth Symphony orchestra and it was one of my favourite gigs ever. I seem to be making quite a career out of the music of QUEEN, so thanks guys! This definitely beats working for a living. However, it is quite exhausting. I am not complaining, but it’s 3.24am here and I have just finished packing and cleaning the house for our new border. Poor Powder has no idea what’s going on.

I must sleep now, so I’ll keep this brief. Just wanted to check in and say hi and howdy from the MiG Apple. Hope all is great in your side of the world.

Always love,

MiG
X



Please visit www.mig-music.com for all up to the minute news on MiG Ayesa!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Be careful in London MiG, you might meet yourself coming around the other way! Do you ever rest?!

It's great that you're in demand and we can't wait to see you in the UK again, but what about some MiG time?

love Sarah xx